3/28/2017 UPDATE: The Kilometer Club have a new procedure this year. Please complete the athletic participation form, and return it to the office by Friday, March 31, if you wish for your child to participate in the Kilometer Club. This is the same basic form we use for participation in all extracurricular athletic activities. We will generate our list of participants from these forms so that we can calculate the cumulative distance for each child and distribute ribbons and medals.
We are coming to the end of Spring Break, my first as a parent. I will keep this brief as we still have the weekend to go. There are a lot of events/activities taking place in the lead up to the end of the year. Please see below for details;
March 29th – Clothing Drive RR School Fundraiser (elementary)
- This is a joint community outreach initiative with Diabetes Canada.
- Each bag of clothes collected will help raise funds for our school, but more importantly help with diabetes education, research, services and programs in Canada.
- The clothing drive will be during the first week back after spring break.
- Please bring clothing, in large garbage bags, to the foyer on Wednesday, March 29 and Thursday, March 30.
- Bags will be picked up on March 31st at 11am
- Acceptable items include: gently used clothing, bedding, fabric, sleeping bags, belts/ties, handbags, yarn, blankets, drapes, hats, pillows and much more!
Monday March 27th & Thursday March 30th – BrainSTEM – Registration Now Open
- Civil Eng. for 5/6 year olds on Mondays
- Robotics Eng. for 7-12 year olds on Mondays
- Robotics Eng for 5/6 year old on Thursdays
- Civil Eng. for 7-12 year olds on Thursdays
- For questions please email Sarah Baldwin email@example.com
- To register for a specific day, please click on the corresponding link below:
April 1st – Reconciliation Pole – 1pm
- This is a great opportunity to engage with Aboriginal culture and traditions. Event is FREE and open to the public.
- The Reconciliation Pole is one of two UBC initiatives that aim to capture the long trajectory of Indigenous and Canadian relations and to ensure that one part of that, the history of Canada’s Indian residential schools, will never be forgotten.
- Reconciliation Pole will be installed in the manner of a traditional Haida pole raising.
- Main Mall, between Agronomy Road and Thunderbird Boulevard – UBC’s Point Grey Campus
April 3rd – KM Club
- The event is on for 15 days till May 12th
- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (except Professional days and holidays)
- kindergarten to grade 7, parents and siblings are invited to participate
- 8:05 – five-minute warm-up, then run for 20 minutes from 8:10 to 8:30 on the school field
- There will be medals & ribbons to be won
- If you have any questions regarding the club, please contact our teacher sponsor Angela Tancon at firstname.lastname@example.org
April 30th – Two Rivers Meats – Open now till April 30th
- Ordering has opened up again until April 30th
- Click http://www.tworiversmeats.ca/fundraiser/Ross-Road/
- This is an ongoing fundraiser, so if you really enjoy your meat, you can order more anytime.
- PAC receives 15% of all purchases.
June 9th – Spring Carnival
- G2 and G3 parents are our Special Events Hosts (a new initiative to help share PAC volunteer run events and build community between English and French parents)
- Susan Neale is one of our G3 parents who has stepped up again to coordinate BUT we need more volunteers to from G2 and G3 to support her.
- Stay tuned to class rep emails on how to volunteer.
June 22nd – Staff Appreciation Lunch
- KG and G1 parents are our Special Events Hosts this year
- Class reps will be putting this on.
Due to no volunteers, the Family Bingo Night has been cancelled. We’ll try again next year!!
The Financial Reports for 2016 are now available on the PAC website. They can be viewed here
Earth Hour is tomorrow, March 25th at 8.30pm. Lets set an example for our kids. Lets make Lynn Valley dark.
Have a fabulous rest of Spring Break and see you all back on Monday March 27th.
Contact us at email@example.com
Website – rossroadpac.ca
Twitter – https://twitter.com/rossroadpac (@rossroadpac)