- Did you know that through your efforts, the PAC has raised nearly $40,000? Yes, seriously! How awesome is that? Give yourself a big pat on the back. And now, with all that hard work done, it’s time for the fun part. Let’s spend it! Next Wednesday, at the PAC AGM (starting at 7pm), we’ll vote on using this money to pay for projectors for all the classrooms, as well as making a contribution to the IT fund and bringing in a cool extra-curricular math/science program for all grades. Please come along and make your voice heard. (Babysitting is available if needed. Please get in touch with Sarah Dennis if needed)
- Want to help make your school a better place? Want to have a larger say in how we raise money and spend it? How about volunteering for the PAC? There are plenty of roles available….and some just require a few hours work every month. If you *might* be interested, please come to the AGM to find out more.
- There are dozens of incredible parent-volunteers who do amazing work for the school in all sorts of areas, but we wanted to take a moment to give particular thanks to Barb Woznow. For 7 years, Barb has been the person in charge of Emergency Preparedness at Ross Road. She and her team have made sure that should there ever be a natural disaster, our kids will have food, shelter and basic comforts to get them through. In fact, her efforts have been recognized across the north shore and other schools are following her example. With her son moving onto high school, Barb’s association with Ross Road is coming to and end, so we just wanted to thank her for everything that she’s done.
- Don’t forget the Spring Fair is on June 20! Stay tuned for more information, but for now, the organizers are looking for donations for the silent auction. Do you have a business or know someone that does, that could donate a gift card, gift basket or an item we could auction off at our silent auction? Or perhaps you are an artist or a craft person that could donate some of your work (and get some advertising as well!). Or perhaps you have another idea? If you can help, please let Dana Kovanda know by calling/texting her on 604 808 0725.
- The Spring Fair organizers are also looking for someone to help with Raffle Baskets….someone who can collect donations, purchase items and assemble the baskets. Please get in touch with Tamrah Corben (778 836 9849) if you can help.
Thanks and see you next Wednesday for the AGM (starting at 7pm)
Your PAC Executive