Ross Road PAC Movie Night
Were you there? The Ross Road PAC Movie night was a great success!
Parents and kids enjoyed dinner and a movie organized by the PAC at Ross Road School Gym.
- Jennifer Bryan and Dana Samis for organizing such a fun event and to parent volunteers Michelle Shrigley, Ingrid Mullins and Nikki Dahl for helping that night
- Principal Susan Owens for helping us coordinate the first Ross Road Movie Night
- Mom’s Grilled Cheese Food Truck for being on-site and feeding our hungry kids and adults
And an extra big thank you to our Movie Night corporate supporters:
- Darwin Construction
- Lynn Valley Orthopaedic & Sports Physiotherapy Centre
- North Shore Orthodontics
Important Dates Coming Up:
- November 15th – Social Media Awareness by Jesse Miller (presented by the PAC)
- November 30th – Emergency kit sales close (get your orders in today)
- December 5th – Winter Fair – details below
Jesse Miller’s Social Media Awareness Parent Presentation is this Thursday November 15th at 7pm
Need some information about navigating Social Media with your children? Ross Road School is here to help!
We are welcoming back expert Jesse Miller. Jesse Miller will present to Ross Road students regarding Social Media Awareness during the day on Thursday, November 15th. And will be following up with a special presentation for parents at 7:00pm at the school on the same evening.
These presentations are sponsored by our Ross Road PAC. Mark your calendars!
Ross Road Winter Fair
Mark you calendars, the Ross Road Winter Fair is on Wednesday December 5th, from 5-8pm.
Grade 4’s & 5’s are hosting the event, but we need more help to make this special fundraiser happen.
- Class reps will be collecting donations to go towards amazing raffle baskets and mystery cards. We are asking about $10-15/student
- Clean out your closet and donate any new or lightly used items to the Shop & Wrap room. We will have cardboard boxes under the stairs in the lobby for donations.
- Parents like raffle baskets too, so please consider donating bottles of wine or beer. Drop bottles off at the office, and let them know it’s for Winter Fair.
- Plan dinner in advance. MunchaLunch will soon be open to order Subway for dinner at the Fair.
- Keep an eye out for the Volunteer Sign up for the night of the Fair. It takes a village to set up, take down and staff the event.
- Bring homemade and store-bought goodies for the Bake Sale (drop off on the day of the Fair!)
- And, if you are the parent of a Grade 4 & 5 student, we especially need your help. We still need people to plan the Bake Table, organize the Shop and Wrap room and plan crafts for the Craft Room. Contact Susan at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
Finally, keep an eye out for more information from you Class Reps.
General inquiries about the Fair can be sent to: email@example.com
Two River Meats fundraiser is now open!
You can also support our school PAC when you buy yummy, natural, ethically raised, local meat from Two Rivers Meats.
It’s easy. Simply order high quality meat through this link: https://tworiversmeats.ca/fundraiser/ross-road/.
Ross Road PAC will get 15 % of the total.
Launched two years ago, Two Rivers Meat sales have raised more than $750 for the school; we hope this number will continue to grow.
The Two Rivers Meats fundraising opportunity is open until May 31st, 2019
Ross Road Parent Runners Meet-Up
Ever looking for a running buddy?
There are a number of runners, of all levels and abilities, among our Ross Road parent community. We would like to try having a run meet-up at school drop off time. If you would like to connect with another person to go for a run, meet in the school lobby after the kids go into school. You might find someone else looking for a running mate too.
More information: firstname.lastname@example.org