Movie Night at Ross Road is next Friday, November 9th!
Join us for a fun Family Movie Night in the Ross Road School gym on Friday November 9th. The Ross Road School PAC presents ‘Teen Titans GO! To The Movies’. Come in your PJs with your comfy blankets and pillows, or lawn chairs, to set up in the gym and settle in for this silly animated film feature.
Why? To bring school families together for a fun fundraising event in support of the Ross Road School PAC.
A popcorn and candy concession will be available before the movie. And…if you want to truly take the night off and make it ‘dinner and a movie’, the Mom’s Grilled Cheese Truck will be on-site starting at 5:30pm providing delicious warm sandwiches for purchase.
Admission to the movie is by donation to the Ross Road School PAC.
This is a parent supervised event. Students will not be admitted without a supervising adult.
Ross Road School & Teen Titans GO to the Movies!
Friday November 9th
5:30-7:00pm – Food Truck is Open Outside
Teen Titans GO! To The Movies!Rated: PG
Length: 1 hour 24 minutes
Type: Animation, Action, Comedy
Don’t miss Jesse Miller’s Social Media Awareness Presentations: November 15th.
Need some information about navigating Social Media with your children? Ross Road School is here to help!
We are welcoming back expert Jesse Miller. Jesse Miller will present to Ross Road students regarding Social Media Awareness during the day on Thursday, November 15th. And will be following up with a special presentation for parents at 7:00pm on the same evening.
These presentations are sponsored by our Ross Road PAC. Mark your calendars!
Emergency Preparedness Kit Fundraiser – order before November 30th
Ross Road Elementary recently participated in the province-wide earthquake drill on October 18, the Great BC Shake Out.
Are you prepared? Do you have your emergency kits ready?
We have a great opportunity for you to purchase ready to go emergency preparedness kits for family and friends. They make great seasonal gifts and what better way to keep your loved ones safe than to have an emergency preparedness kit close at hand.
Ross Road PAC has partnered with BC Quake to offer a discount off their regular retail priced safety and survival kits. And from our purchases, BC Quake will donate back to our PAC $20 from the sale of every earthquake kit and $10 from the sale of every vehicle kit.
• Orders will commence Monday, October 22 and will close Friday, November 30.
• Orders will be delivered Friday, December 14.
Please follow the link below to order your kits online:
Contact Denise Dehestani email@example.com for any questions.
Quebec Exchange Winter Fundraising Campaign
The Ross Road students in Grade 7 French Immersion are asking for your help to raise funds for their trip to Quebec exchange trip this winter!
The students are offering four types of products, all of which make great gifts over the holiday season:
1. Purdy’s Chocolates – here is the link to the Christmas Catalogue with the pricing. Please make sure you add tax (5%). https://www.purdys.com/SSP%20Applications/Purdys%20Chocolatier/Purdys%20-%20Live/files/Purdys-2018-Christmas-Catalogue.pdf
- Apple Caramel
- Case of Pie Shells (6)
- Chocolate Chip
- English Toffee
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip
- Chocolate coconut truffle
- 6.5” Poinsettias in red, white or pink – $13
- Holiday indoor tropical planter – four different live plant varieties – $30
- 22” Mixed Wreath – $30
Here is how it works:
• Enter all your orders in the appropriate forms. There are 3 separate forms attached for
baked goods, coffee and poinsettias, plus Purdy’s glossy pamphlet.
• Make sure you enter the student’s name on all order forms, and please print clearly on
• Add up your total costs and submit one cheque for the total amount, payable to Ross
• For Purdy’s orders, please make sure you add tax (5%).
• We suggest you take photos of your order forms before returning them to the school –
that way, you will remember who you ordered what for!
• Return your order forms and the cheque to the school by November 16.
• Return forms by Friday, November 16, 2018.
• Pick up your order at Ross Road on Thursday, December 6, 2018 from 2:00-4:00 pm.
If you have any questions, please contact Kirsten Behler at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you very much for your support and we hope you have a wonderful holiday season!