Firstly thank you to all those who came to the AGM on Wednesday. It was a great meeting with lots of news on the budget past, current and future and also a great update by Susan Owens, Principal, on what is in the works for the additional classroom.
Secondly, way to go Ross Road. The amount of bikes that came to school for bike to school week was amazing. The kids enjoyed it despite the rain. Ross Road kids are a hardy bunch.
Just a few updates on a upcoming events;
June 9th – The Spring Carnival – Just one week until the Carnival comes to town!
5:00 – 8:00 pm.
How can you help make this the best YELLOW AND GREEN – themed party ever held at Ross Road?
- sign up for a volunteer shift at http://signup.com/go/ossoLBt
- lend us a full propane tank, a pop up tent or cooler. Contact Betty at email@example.com
- donate $5 (if you haven’t already). It’s not too late to drop the funds, labelled Carnival, into the PAC mailbox. Or, consider sponsoring an activity, such as delicious donuts, the bouncy fire truck or the rockin’ DJ! Contact Mirjan at firstname.lastname@example.org
- donate to the Cake Walk. Drop off your sweet treats to the staff room on the day of the Carnival.
- donate a bottle of wine. We’d love to do a wine raffle basket, but our budget isn’t budging. I’ll leave a bottle of wine under the PAC mailbox if you do 😜
- plan an outfit that screams 💛💚Yellow and Green 💛💚
June 12th – Remember to book in your slot for the showing of Screenagers, Growing up in the Digital Age on June 12th , 7pm Library/Gym (TBD).
- All students in grade 6 and 7 will be watching this film on Tuesday June 13th.
There is no charge to attend the movie but please RSVP – https://impactflow.com/event/3114/checkout/tickets by Friday June 9th so that we know how many people to expect and whether to set up in the library or the gym. More information can be found on Screenagers here.
June 17th – PAC Volunteer Appreciation Night – Saturday, 7 pm
None of the events or other parent run initiatives such as the munch-a-lunch and the morning traffic help etc would be possible if it were not for the tireless efforts of parents giving up their time and energy to make Ross Road School a great and safe place for kids to attend. For this reason the PAC is holding a volunteer appreciation night on Saturday June 17th – More details to come. So if you have helped or will be helping out for the carnival, the Christmas fair, the lunch program or the card project or any of the other events or activities then please do SAVE THE DATE.
June 22nd – Staff Appreciation Lunch – KG and G1 parents are our Special Events Hosts this year – Great way to meet the staff and let them know how much we appreciate them. Prep for this is well underway.
Thank you, and see you all on the 9th! Lets do the sun dance for the sun to stick around.
Contact us at email@example.com
Website – rossroadpac.ca
Twitter – https://twitter.com/rossroadpac (@rossroadpac)