Ross Road News Extraordinaire
Volume No. 2, Issue No. 2
Today’s Top Story
The 2015 Spring Carnival is around the corner, Friday, June 12, 2015 from 5-8 pm, and it’s sure to be a great Ross Road community event. This year it will be a HIPPIE theme and a performance by The Flying Sofas, so get ready to get groovy. Think tie-dye, flowers in your hair and clothes with flair.
Come hungry for our classic Cook Shack favourites brought to us by the Lynn Valley Lions: burgers, hotdogs, fries, onion rings, and much more. And what’s a carnival without popcorn, cotton candy, and wholesome home-made goodies.
Community is a big part of this year’s carnival and we want to encourage parents to participate in some friendly competition. Pair up with your children or go solo and enjoy our sack races, three-legged races and Tug of War. Try for victory in multiple events – adults against kids and girls against boys.
Here’s more on what you need to know to get the most out of our carnival.
• This year’s Spring Carnival brings the chance once again to win a very special Raffle Basket. This is the way it works: You receive a popsicle stick for each booth you visit and for each activity you try. Collect 3 popsicle sticks and then redeem your sticks for 1 raffle ticket. The more popsicle sticks and raffle tickets you collect―the better your chances are of winning a fantastic raffle basket.
• Silent Auction items will be on display during the event. Stop by to see what amazing things you can bid on.
• The top stations like Cake Walk, Crazy Hair and Bouncy Castles are back!
• New this year, a Dunk Tank. Only the bravest grade 7s will be dunked. So get your hippie on and share the love!
Recap from last week
Reminders from last week about our carnival.
• Tickets are only $1 each and will be available for purchase the week of the Spring Carnival as well as on the day of the event.
• Raffle Baskets are again this year’s big prizes as a reward from your hard work at the each station. This means that the more fun you have at the fair, the better your chances are of winning a fantastic raffle basket.
• Midway Games are always a popular place to have some fun!
• We need DONATIONS. Please help us make this another huge success. One way to do this is to donate Mystery Bags, and items towards Raffle Baskets, Silent Auction, Cake Walk. Financial donations are also an easy way to help and very much appreciated!
• Parents: the Cook Shack needs your help setting up, manning BBQs, serving food and tear down. We need 7 people to sign up.
• Do you have a truck and some time to pick up and drop off the Midway games? We need new volunteers to help. If this is something you can do, please send an email to Tamrah – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact the Spring Carnival Coordinator, Tamrah Corben at email@example.com to volunteer, donate and for any questions.