Ross Road News Extraordinaire
Volume No. 2, Issue No. 3
Today’s Top Story
Less than two weeks from now on Friday, June 12, 2015, groovy, good times are coming to Ross Road Elementary School! At this point everyone knows that the 2015 Spring Carnival has been carefully planned and that our school is going to stage a night to remember, but here are some more details on the evening’s events you won’t want to miss.
Hippie Days Are Here Again. This is your chance to sport the fashions of the sixties you never got to wear. Your organizers are hoping everyone—young and old—will get Hippie and dress for fun, flair and freedom!
Dunk Tank. Only the bravest grade 7s will dare to take a seat in the dunk tank. See if you can get away without getting wet. One of your fun-loving teachers has signed up, too. It will be too good to miss when he or she goes swimming!
Community games. Team up to race in the parent and child three legged race. Try your skills in the sack race or assemble the strongest group of adults vs students and then again in girls vs boys tug of war.
Music Entertainment. We couldn’t have Hippie Days without some groovy sounds filtering through the air. This year The Flying Sofas will be our musical guests for the Spring Carnival.
Here’s more on what you need to know to get the most out of our carnival.
- The popular mystery bags will be offered in two openings at 5:30 and then again at 6:30. Half the bags will be distributed during each time slot. In order to ensure that every child gets at least one, we will be stamping children’s’ hands when they receive their bags. No double dipping, please!
- Tickets are only $1 each and will be available for purchase the week of the Spring Carnival starting Monday, June 8th as well as on the day of the fair
- Community is a big part of this year’s carnival — we want to see parents out there engaging in some friendly competition and fun with the Join the sack and three legged races or pull your weight in tug of war.
Help Wanted Ads
- Mystery Bag Maker. To ensure the success of this station we need all the parents to do one of two things –donate one mystery bag for each child attending Ross Road or contribute $3.00 per child to cover the cost of bags we will put together. For the older children, consider gift cards to booster juice, hair accessories, fun stationary, and Please do not include toy weapons and add only new items to the bags. We are aiming for 250 mystery bags this year. Drop it off at the PAC donation box or bring them on the day of the carnvial.
- Skills required – sweet tooth and sharing nature. The Cake Walk is always one of the most popular booths. On the day of the event, please drop off home-baked goods as well as store- bought items. Every cupcake and cookie helps.
- Cook Shack Hands. Skills required – grill ready and The Cook Shack needs to be set up, manned during the BBQs, and torn down. We need fourteen people to sign up. Shift times are 3-5, 5-7 and 7-9 pm.
- Raffle Baskets. This year’s game prizes are popsicles. Earn 3 and trade them in for a fun raffle basket. We need more baskets for kids. Please donate a kid friendly basket or money towards one.
Please contact the Spring Carnival Coordinator, Tamrah Corben at firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer, donate and for any questions.