The date for the Spring Carnival is approaching fast! The carnival will happen on Friday, June 20, 2014 from 5-8 pm, and as always, all Ross Road families are invited to join in for one of the grandest nights of the school year. This year’s carnival will have a distinctive, old-time country fair theme. Among other highlights, the professional country band Steel Toe Boots will perform from start to finish and outdoor games reminiscent of another era will be staged.
And bring your appetite! We are very grateful and excited that Lynn Valley Lions will be catering all the food for this year’s event.
Here’s what you need to know to get the most out of our carnival.
- Tickets will be available for purchase the week of the Spring Carnival as well as the day of the event. So instead of waiting in line when you first arrive, why not purchase your tickets in advance and join in the fun right away?
- This year’s Spring Carnival brings the chance once again to win a very special raffle basket. This is the way it works: You receive a popsicle stick for each booth you visit and for each activity you try. When you’ve collected five sticks, you can redeem them for a raffle ticket. So the more popsicle sticks and raffle tickets you collect―the better your chances are of winning a fantastic raffle basket.
- The popular mystery bags will be offered in two openings at 5:30 and then again at 6:30. Half the bags will be distributed during each time slot. In order to insure that every child gets at least one, we will be stamping children’s’ hands when they receive their bags. No double dipping, please!
Help Wanted Section.
- Raffle Gift Basket Leader. Skills and experience required: Prize fighter with an artsy touch. The Carnival requires a volunteer to manage the Gift Basket Raffle. With plenty of support from others, this volunteer will ensure that the Raffle Gift Baskets contain attractive and desirable items and that the raffle proceeds smoothly.
- First Aid Attendants. The Carnival needs at least two volunteers to act as First Aid attendants during the event. Please volunteer your practical skills to help keep everyone safe. Ideally, two individuals will each cover half the event from start to finish.
Please contact the Spring Carnival Director, Tamrah Corben at firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer.
Thanks! Have a great week!