The Card Project has been a huge, fundraising success for the Ross Road PAC!
As part of the Card Project, each student in participating classes made an original work of two-dimensional art and had it made into a professionally printed greeting card. Each family was then able to buy boxes of these personalized Christmas cards! How cool is that?
Last year, there was a tremendous response in card orders and Ross Road raised $1,000!
It was exciting to see such a variety of beautiful cards that can be shared with family and friends. Scroll down to see a selection of student art – one piece from each participating class.
The project is back for 2013. Here are the important dates to remember;
- Sample cards delivered to students on NOVEMBER 8
- Ordering will be open for 1 week only….NOVEMBER 8 to NOVEMBER 15
- You must order by midnight Friday, November 15 to guarantee delivery in the first week of December
- Cards ordered after November 15 will be delivered on December 16
NOTE: You can combine your children’s art into a single box. For example, you can have 2 children’s cards in one box (6 copies of one card and 6 copies of another card) or 3 children’s cards in the same box (4 copies of each card.) Cost for custom boxes varies – see PRICING tab on Card Project website.
A standard gift box contains 12 cards and envelopes = $20.00
How the Card Project works:
- Students create a unique piece of art (typical themes chosen are seasonal or holiday) and the original art is submitted to the Card Project (www.thecardproject.ca)
- A digital image is created and turned into a 4.5″x 6″ card with envelope.
- The artist/student then receives a free sample card that displays their own art on the front of the card. The back of the card has their name, grade and their chosen title for the art. The school’s name is also on the back.
- There is no cost associated with the sample card! Ordering a box of cards is optional, a standard 12-card box costs $20.
- This is a unique fundraising opportunity since 25% percent of all sales goes to the school.
For more information please contact Deborah Clegg at email@example.com (Ross Road parent volunteer.)