THE CARD PROJECT is back this Fall!
Our students are once again participating in this exciting fundraiser. They are already working on their special art projects!
The Card Project will turn our children’s art into unique greeting cards!
Every child will receive a free greeting card that showcases their own art. The back of their card is customized with their name and grade.
While the cards are being printed, you will be able to view your child’s art online at
The children’s art goes ONLINE on October 22
The Priority Order deadline is October 28
Priority orders will be ready for delivery by November 26
This is a wonderful, creative fundraising initiative for our school.
We receive 20% of the sales.
Orders are placed online. You can order more of your child’s card as well as notebooks and sketchbooks with your child’s art on the cover.
By the way, the cards and notebooks make great gifts!
We thank you for your support!
École Ross Road School PAC
Please visit www.TheCardProject.ca for more information or
contact Marcelle at Marcelle@TheCardProject.ca.
The Ross Road Christmas Fair is coming up fast!
- Volunteers needed: All parents are requested to volunteer for a shift of 30 minutes on one of the stalls at the fair. Here’s a a complete list of positions that need to be filled and timeslots available. Get in quick to get the slot you want!
- Food Ordering: The Munch a Lunch site is open now to take your orders for dinner on the night of the fair. Options include a variety of pizza and the always popular pulled pork bun with a kale coleslaw salad. Just use your regular login at the Munch a Lunch site and click on the fundraising tab at the top. You must have your order in by 6pm, Friday November 21. Want to know how to use Munch a Lunch? Click here for more information.
- The Card Project: Once again, most classes are participating in this fun fundraising activity. Sample cards were sent home last Friday, online orders must be received by November 14 and cards will be delivered on November 27. For complete details and information, please click here. Ready to order? Click here. Remember, that 25% of all sales go to the PAC.
- Finally, on a non-Christmas related note, don’t forget that local elections will be held on November 15th. School Trustee elections have a direct effect on how our public schools prioritize their funds, decide which programs add value and how we can best support our students. Mayoral and Councillor elections have a direct effect on housing, transportation and community planning. This year there are two parents running who have students at Ross Road, Jessica Stanley for school trustee and Roger Bassam for district of North Vancouver councillor.
General District Election information http://www.dnv.org/article.asp?c=764
- Card Project: Last year, we raised over $1000 from the Card Project! This year, the sample cards will be sent out on NOVEMBER 8, and ordering will be open for 1 week only from NOVEMBER 8 to NOVEMBER 15. A standard gift box costs $20 and contains 12 cards and envelopes, and the PAC receives $5 from each order. Information about ordering will be included with the sample card. For more information, and to see samples from last year, please click here.
- Ross Road Christmas Market: The Christmas Market coordinators are doing an amazing job putting together this very special event. As well as all your old favourites, this year the team has also put together a Holiday Shop and Wrap Room, a Silent Auction, an Outdoor Cafe and free cookie decorating. For more information, including links to order dinner on the night, please click here.
- Valet: The program desperately needs an adult volunteer on Thursday mornings in November. We have one parent on duty and with the rainy weather starting there will be more people driving to school, which means more traffic in the drop off zone. If you are available to help on Thursday mornings from 8:25 to 8:45 please contact Nancy Barton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Library update: Did you know you can ‘adopt a shelf’ at the school library? Or that there’s a student-generated list of recommended books by grade level on the bulletin board? Or that money YOU raised through fundraising has purchased over 250 new books for the library and helped to provide the library with a digital projector and laptop. Teacher librarian Mme. McAllister has put together a newsletter highlighting all the wonderful things that are happening at the Ross Road library. Click here for more.
Finally, if you know of a parent that isn’t getting these emails, but would like to, please tell them that subscribing is as easy as going to the PAC website, and entering their email address on the right hand side.
Enjoy your weekend,
The Card Project has been a huge, fundraising success for the Ross Road PAC!
As part of the Card Project, each student in participating classes made an original work of two-dimensional art and had it made into a professionally printed greeting card. Each family was then able to buy boxes of these personalized Christmas cards! How cool is that?
Last year, there was a tremendous response in card orders and Ross Road raised $1,000!
It was exciting to see such a variety of beautiful cards that can be shared with family and friends. Scroll down to see a selection of student art – one piece from each participating class.
The project is back for 2013. Here are the important dates to remember;
- Sample cards delivered to students on NOVEMBER 8
- Ordering will be open for 1 week only….NOVEMBER 8 to NOVEMBER 15
- You must order by midnight Friday, November 15 to guarantee delivery in the first week of December
- Cards ordered after November 15 will be delivered on December 16
NOTE: You can combine your children’s art into a single box. For example, you can have 2 children’s cards in one box (6 copies of one card and 6 copies of another card) or 3 children’s cards in the same box (4 copies of each card.) Cost for custom boxes varies – see PRICING tab on Card Project website.
A standard gift box contains 12 cards and envelopes = $20.00
How the Card Project works:
- Students create a unique piece of art (typical themes chosen are seasonal or holiday) and the original art is submitted to the Card Project (www.thecardproject.ca)
- A digital image is created and turned into a 4.5″x 6″ card with envelope.
- The artist/student then receives a free sample card that displays their own art on the front of the card. The back of the card has their name, grade and their chosen title for the art. The school’s name is also on the back.
- There is no cost associated with the sample card! Ordering a box of cards is optional, a standard 12-card box costs $20.
- This is a unique fundraising opportunity since 25% percent of all sales goes to the school.
For more information please contact Deborah Clegg at email@example.com (Ross Road parent volunteer.)