New this Fall, Ross Road PAC is hosting a Grit for Parents session. This is being held at Ross Road Elementary on Oct 7 in the gym.
Registration is open to parents of all Schools in the Argyle Family of Schools (Ross Road, Lynn Valley, Boundary and Upper Lynn).
And $5 from each registration will go to Ross Road PAC.
GRIT FOR GROWN UPS: Brain-Health + Anxiety Management (for us and our kids)
MONDAY, OCTOBER 7 at Ross Road Elementary from 7:00-8:30pm
At Grit Vancouver, we are pretty passionate about raising kids with healthy, happy brains. However, we know that the missing component is sometimes ‘back-up’ for the tools we teach on the home front. Join us for a 1.5 hour workshop that explores Brain-Health + Anxiety Management for both ourselves and for our off-spring to ensure some life-long lessons around caring for our mental health.
The workshop will include mindful activities, ‘brain-trains’, yoga, chats about the science behind meditation, and practical tools to move forward with healthy brain maintenance.
We are honoured to be part of such a vibrant, caring community and would love to share some of the things we’ve uncovered along our journey.
PS: if your daughter is part of our Fall Grit program (either at Ross Road or elsewhere), please be our guest at a discounted price.
ROSS ROAD SCHOOL VALET SERVICE
The Valet Service runs from 8:30 am to 8:45 am, Monday to Friday in order to help relieve the congestion in the drop-off zone (see map below) during the morning rush and to ensure the roads in front of the school are safe for pedestrians and drivers.
To help the valet service run smoothly, here are a few important points to remember:
- Look for the volunteers in the safety vests and follow their directions.
- Have your children ready to go (i.e. jackets on, backpacks with them, explain to them that you will not be getting out of the car)
- There is NO PARKING in the drop-off zone.
- All drivers must remain in their cars.
- If you would like to walk your children to class, please park in the designated area on Ross Road or Kilkenny Road.
Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS:
- This valuable service is run 100% by parent and student volunteers and so to keep it going throughout the year we need more parent volunteers to step forward.
- The time commitment is small – it only involves volunteering for 20 minutes (from 8:25am to 8:45am) even just one day a week is a help.
- If you can help out now or in the future, please contact Ed Lathioor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kudos to Dana Samis for all her hard work in putting together the fall and winter after school programs.
Dana has spent hours helping our school by putting together a wide range of after school program offerings for our students. Thank you Dana!