So you survived the first week back at school…and the second…nicely done. The snow is slowly melting and we may be able to see the playground at Ross Road very soon.
The Christmas fair is now a distant memory but we have some great news to share with you. Due to the commitment of parents and students alike we were able to raise $8,849 from the Christmas Fair. This is a fabulous amount and means that we can put the monies towards some educationally beneficial purchases for our kids to use in a school setting. Thank you to all that made this possible. We will be able to provide more details at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) on May 31st as to what the money may possibly be used for.
Next up….Kindergarten and grade 1 parents as our Special Events Hosts for the Staff Appreciation Lunch!!!
And grade 2 and 3 will be planning the Spring Carnival.
- January 16th – 7 – 8.30pm – in the library – Saleema Noon Parent Presentation by Sarah Stark (Sexual Health Educator)
- February 22nd – 7pm – in the library – PAC General Meeting and a special Parent Presentation by Jessie Miller (Jesse Miller Social Media Awareness)
Please note the PAC pays for both parent presentations and attendance would bring tremendous value to the night. No registration is required for the above dates and free babysitting will be available upon request. Email email@example.com
- February 24th, 7 pm- Parent Social Night at Toby’s. More info to come.
- BrainSTEM afterschool program will be returning to Ross Road. Dates to be confirmed soon. Stay tuned.
- Munch-a-lunch – how did you like having day a week free of making lunchs for the first part of the school year? The PAC is opening up the munch-a-lunch program again for the period March 3rd to June 23rd. Lunch’s will again run on Fridays. To order please visit www.munchalunch.com/schools/rossroad to order and pay. Ordering ad payment will close Wednesday February 22nd 2017.
- Did you pick up an free apple at the Christmas fair. It was good right? So scrumptious! The apples were provided by SPUD. SPUD provides an ongoing fund raising opportunity throughout the year so not only is it an opportunity to have some fresh fruit and vegetables and other groceries delivered to your doorstep but it also raises monies for the PAC to reinvest into the school for your kids.
- Two Rivers Meats is also another fundraiser that we have available to parents all year.
We are always looking for volunteers so if you are looking to be more involved please drop us a quick email.
Have a great weekend.