Ross Road News Extraordinaire
Volume No. 1, Issue No. 3
Today’s Top Stories
Two weeks from now on Friday, June 20, 2014, the fun under the big-top begins! At this point everyone knows that the 2014 Spring Carnival has been carefully planned and that our school is going to stage a night to remember, but here are some more details on the evening’s events you won’t want to miss.
- Dunk Tank. Only the bravest grade 7s will dare to take a ride on the dunk tank. See if you can get away without getting wet.
- Booths. More returning booths to look forward to … fun activities for the whole family such as RCMP speed radar, Escape Bikes Adventure, Cinemazoo and Kick and Score soccer. Make sure to bring your own bike and helmet to take on the challenging and fun bike course designed by Escape Bikes Adventure.
- Two Bands. We will have performances by the professional country band, Steel Toe Boots (http://www.thesteeltoeboots.com/), who will be sure to get you dancing as well as guest entertainers, the JP Pipe Band, who will perform short 15-20 minute performance of Highland bagpipe music.
Here’s more on what you need to know to get the most out of our carnival.
- To win a Raffle Basket, collect 5 Popsicle sticks and trade them in for a raffle ticket. The more tickets you accumulate, the better your chances are of winning a basket.
- All the favourite stations are back and there’s so much more including live music, line dance calling, sumptuous food and new stations to try.
- For the old-time country fair events, namely, the three-legged race, sack race and tug of war, there will be three races in each event. Sign-up sheets will be available at the ticket booth on the day of the event. So get out there and assemble your A-team to see if you’re part of the strongest, fastest, and best team at our school.
- Tickets are only $1 each and will be available for purchase the week of the Spring Carnival starting Monday, June 16th as well as on the day of the event.
- Community is a big part of this year’s carnival — we want to see parents out there engaging in some friendly competition and fun with the children.
Help Wanted Ads
- Mystery Bag Maker. Skills required – industrious attitude and creative mind. Every year we run out of mystery bags to hand out. Please help out by dropping off as many as you can make so every child receives one. For the older children, consider gift cards to booster juice, hair accessories, fun stationary, and candy. Please do not include toy weapons and add only new items to the bags. We are aiming for 250 mystery bags this year. Drop it off at the PAC donation box or bring them on the day of the carnvial. • Baker. Skills required – sweet tooth and sharing nature. The Cake Walk is always one of the most popular booths. On the day of the event, please drop off home-baked goods as well as store- bought items. Every cupcake and cookie helps.
- Cook Shack Hands. Skills required – grill ready and steady. The Cook Shack needs to be set up, manned during the BBQs, and torn down. We need nine people to sign up.
- Donations. We are asking for items to be put towards one of our raffle baskets, Games Night, any new and unused items from home. There will be a box in the foyer near the PAC mail box for all donations including mystery bags. No time to do the shopping, we also accept cash donations which can be given to class reps or to the office.
Please contact the Spring Carnival Coordinator, Tamrah Corben at email@example.com to volunteer, donate and for any questions.