Hello Ross Road Parents,
The 2011-12 school year has drawn to a close and we’re looking back to see what we accomplished in the past year! The Ross Road PAC had a busy year with our usual events, activities and initiatives (e.g. Christmas Craft Fair, Spring Carnival, Staff Appreciation Luncheon, Valet Service, speakers).
We raised approximately $36,000 plus $10,440 in Gaming Funds in the 2011-2012 school year – which must be a record! About $11,180 of that money came from the IT Cheque-Writing Campaign.
So what did we spend all that money on? Here are the main items:
- 20 iPad2’s (10 more to be purchased in the fall)
- 3 outstanding musical performances at school assemblies (Ache Brazil, Hansel and Gretel Opera and Role Call)
- $3,000 for school library replenishment / books
- Two guest speakers: Jesse Miller / Social Media and Internet Safety (parent night and intermediate student talks) and LICE 911 parent night (at the height of lice season!)
- Environment Club
- Emergency Preparedness
- Classroom discretionary funds
- Grade 7 Farewell reception
In the fall we will be purchasing:
- Items from the teachers’ wish list (e.g. home reading books for primary grades, art supplies and more)
- 10 more iPads (as mentioned above)
All in all, we have had a very successful year! We would like to thank the parents at Ross Road for all their support, be it as volunteers or as participants in our events and activities. A special thank you should go to the Class Reps, who are such an important part of everything we do. We couldn’t put on events and activities without their help and we are hugely appreciative of their efforts!
Looking forward, what’s on for next year? A few things are on the calendar already:
- Family Photo days with MjM Studios (September 23 and 24)
- Saleema Noon’s Body Science talks (Parent night Oct. 16, student talks Oct. 17 and 18)
- Christmas Craft Fair and Spring Carnival: Bettina Harris and Desiree Blume will coordinate the Christmas Fair again next year and Sonia Han will likewise coordinate the Spring Carnival. THANK YOU, LADIES!
- Performing Arts for the students (The PAC funds three musical performances at RR each year)
- Valet Service (provided we continue to get enough parent and student volunteers)
We wish you all a wonderful, relaxing and safe summer! Looking forward to next year!