The Ross Road Emergency Preparedness Committee (EPC) is looking for parents to help or join us for the 2012-2013 school year. Along with school administration, the EPC helps to adapt, implement and update the school’s emergency program.
Here are some of the things that the EPC does:
- Maintain familiarity with the school’s emergency response procedures.
- Ensure all class ‘grab & go bags’ are properly stocked.
- Update the emergency response procedures, including the designation of staff for response functions.
- Update the student identification forms and student release forms.
- Liaise with the PAC for appropriate funding.
- Manage an inventory of ‘equipment & supplies list’ and replace resources as necessary. (ex. food rations, water, batteries etc.)
- Organize and implement a program of drills and exercises, and supervise their conduct and evaluation as part of the school curriculum.
- Maintain regular contact with parents through meetings and newsletters.
>> Please contact Barb Woznow at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
EMERGENCY RELEASE DRILL – FRIDAY, MAY 11
Speaking of emergency response procedures, don’t forget that this afternoon (Friday, May 11) Ross Road will be enacting a full Emergency Release Drill in conjunction with Emergency Preparedness Week. Parents or Emergency Release alternates are asked to pick up their students between 1:30pm – 2:45pm. Please bring ID.