Is this the last of the snow or will we get more? Let us hope that it melts over the weekend.
Here is your to do list this weekend;
Book Munch-a-lunch for the next term before Feb 22nd
Purchase your Parent Social tickets.
- If you haven’t yet got your ticket to the upcoming parent party (Saturday Feb 25), it’s not too late.
- We had a ton of fun last year and have another greatDJ to shake up the night.
- NEW – two chances to win a pair of tickets…on us!
ü The 100th person to email.
ü And the 125th person to email
- We are still looking for full bottles of alcohol for the toonie toss . Please contact the PAC if you can donate.
PAC GM / Jessie Miller presentation – Feb 22nd – 7pm in the RR library
- Come with ideas/thoughts on where you would like to see the PAC funds go towards.
o We will have a suggestion box that will be completely anonymous for you to have some input into what your thoughts are.
o The PAC Exec will review suggestions and discuss at the AGM
- Special Parent Presentation by Jessie Miller (Jesse Miller Social Media Awareness)
- The GM is an opportunity for the parent community to make suggestions on how to spend PAC money.
- Please note the PAC pays for this presentations and attendance would bring tremendous value to the night.
- No registration is required for the above date and free babysitting will be available upon request. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Parent Social – Feb 25th
- See the attached poster for ticket information and get yours now!
- A chance to win 2 pairs of tickets if you are the 100thor the 125th person to email the address
- Email email@example.com for simple instructions on how to purchase your tickets
Brain Stem – March/April
- Details still to be determined
Bingo Night – April 7th
- Let’s bring back Family Bingo – gather in the gym, tables of friends and family, bingo cards, markers and a load of fun …and yes prizes too!
- If Bingo is your game or you just love to play with others, consider helping with organizing this favourite family event.
- We need 2to 3 to run with this. This is not a fundraiser – it’s a community builder and a chance to get the kids and parents connecting.
- Contact the PAC if you can help.We need someone by March 10th to step up in order to host this event.
Spring Carnival – June
- Grade 2-3 divisions are our Special Events Hosts for the year’s carnival
- Susan Neale, a grade 3 parent, has stepped up again this year to lead the charge.
- We need 4-6 more volunteers to support her and make this an even bigger success than last year
- Please contact your class rep to let them know you’re interested
Remember it is family day on Monday so no school. Have a great and safe long weekend.
Ross Road PAC
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – rossroadpac.ca
Twitter – https://twitter.com/rossroadpac (@rossroadpac)
The Ross Road Tropical Family Bingo night will be held on Friday, February 21st from 5.30pm to 8.00pm.
Put on your best warm weather vacation gear and come out for some fun!
Entry is by donation and you can pre-order Subway sandwiches via MunchaLunch.com. Just click on the fundraising tab, let us know how many in your group and order your dinner. Please order food by February 15.
Munchies, soda and water will also be sold on the evening and there will be complimentary tea and coffee.
If you would like to give some time to help with set-up, food service or clean-up, please sign up via Munchalunch or get in touch with Janice at email@example.com
Your PAC Executive
The PAC is really excited to announce that the family bingo night will be held on Friday, February 21 from 5.30pm to 8.30pm.
This is a great way for your family to enjoy some winter fun at school, meet other families and win great prizes! Bingo games will start at 6pm and game cards will be handed out on the night.
Limited snacks will be available for sale on the night, but you can order more substantial food before the event via Munchalunch. Please order food by February 15.
Events like always need volunteers, so if you can give up some time to help with set-up, food service or clean-up, please sign up via Munchalunch or get in touch with Janice at firstname.lastname@example.org Grade 6 and 7 students are encouraged to volunteer!
On Friday, March 4th, Ross Road gym was transformed into a lively, tropical-themed bingo hall! Parents and kids alike had a blast – it was just the summery thing we needed to cap off such a chilly week! Great to see so many smiling, happy faces and so many fantastic tropical outfits!
This event was planned as a community-builder… an opportunity for Ross Road families to connect and have fun together outside of normal school hours. But we are pleased to announce that it also raised some money for the school too! $1159 to be exact! Wow! So a big thank you to everyone who came out and had fun at Bingo Night 2011!
And of course, a HUGE Thank You goes out to Jen VanderMye who organized the whole event so efficiently along with her fantastic team! Including of course Harry Bulpit and Geoff Donohue, those dynamic MCs/bingo callers who kept the evening moving along with great humour and energy! So many other parents and students helped out …by creating those amazing tropical posters, decorating the gym, donating prizes, setting up tables/chairs, organizing food & drinks, signing people in, checking winning bingo cards, handing out prizes, clearing up afterwards, etc…a big thank you goes out to everyone who volunteered their time and energy to make the evening such a huge success!
Another big Thank You to Jen, and to Tovah Paglaro for seeking out and organizing all the fantastic prizes that made everyone so happy at the prize table up on the stage!
To the following local businesses for contributing so many great prizes, THANK YOU! Ross Road School really appreciates your generosity and support!
Click on image to see more Bingo Night photos!
• Browns Social House
• Cypress Mountain
• Starbucks Coffee
• Booster Juice – Park & Tilford
• North Van Rec
• Save On Foods Bakery
• Scotia McLeod
• Scholastic Books
• Vancouver Canucks
• Vancouver Giants
• WestLynn Bakery
• Go Bananas!
• North Shore Athletics
• BC Bike Race
• Whitecaps Womens soccer
• Lynn Valley Bikes
• Raspberry Kids
• MooJoes Kids Gear
Click here to see more photos from the event!
Not long now until Ross Road Family “Tropical” Bingo Night! This Friday evening from 5:15-8:00pm!
We are excited to welcome Ross Road Families to this fun-filled evening which was a huge hit two years ago – prizes for everyone, so get dressed up in your best TROPICAL wear (prizes for most creative costumes) and come out and meet up with your Ross Road Community! If you have not already done so we are accepting last minute sign-ups – no later than Thursday.
If you need the form, click here!
If you have any questions at all or would like to help in any way; please email Jen VanderMye at email@example.com
Grade 7’s are welcome and encouraged to volunteer – please note there will be a grade 7 Volunteer Meeting on Wednesday March 2nd at RECESS in the Library for those interested.
Thank you and see you this Friday!
— The Bingo Night Committee
Click to view poster
Not long now until “Tropical” Bingo Night! March 4th is coming up, so make sure you get your order forms and cheques in to secure your family’s bingo game cards on the big night!
These forms went home on Thursday, Feb 10th and should be returned to your child’s teacher by Friday, Feb 18th. If you didn’t receive an order form, you can download it here!
If you’d like to help out, check out the Volunteer Sign-up sheets in the lobby (to the right of the office, by the back doors) or contact Jennifer VanderMye at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info!