Lest We Forget. We hope that you got to spend time today with loved ones to remember those that have fought for the many freedoms that we enjoy today.
So as you know it has been a long and eventful week especially for those following certain events taking place south of the border. Hopefully we can now look forward and look to the end of term which is approaching very quickly, about 36 days to go. There are lots of things in the mix and lots of volunteer/donations that are being sourced currently – more on that below.
Friday 9th December – Christmas Fair – 5-8pm
Mark your calendars. This will be hosted by grade 4 & 5 parents and this year’s events are sure to be the best yet.
- Return of the much anticipated Mystery Bags!
- NewStory Time Room
- Shop n’ Wrap
- Bake n’ Snack Table
- Craft Making
- Raffle Baskets and much more!
Please stay tuned for emails about volunteering and donations.
- If you think that you can volunteer on the day of the fair (Dec 9th) please reach out.
- We will be looking for general donations for Mystery Bags, Shop n’ Wrap room, nut-free Bake n’ Snack table and raffle baskets (organized by Class Reps).
- Additionally, this year we are looking for donations of gently used Christmas decorations that we can use to decorate the gym and classrooms. Donation boxes will be under the stairwell in the front of the school by next week.
If you have questions or want to volunteer (thank you) please contact Suzanne Earle (email@example.com) or Cheryl Schreader (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Grade 7 Quebec Trip fundraiser – Parents will have received a newsletter from the school with information on fundraising events/initiatives for the Quebec trip.
Saturday 25th February – Ross Road Parent Party – More details to follow but it is sure to be a fun event on the north shore.
- WE Day – A group of Ross Road students recently attended We Day in Vancouver. As part of this experience, they coordinated the We Scare Hunger Project at Ross Road. Our students collected a total of 1250 food items, and will celebrate their accomplishment with: Crazy Hair Day on November 30, Pajama Day on December 16, and an extra recess on a day to be determined. Congratulations on doing something so helpful for other people, Ross Road!
- The kids had a guest speaker attend school this past week regarding anti-bullying, Michael Bortolotto, talked to them about kindness, inclusion and empathy.
Did you know that we have a fundraiser page on our website. This page includes most if not all fundraising activities that the PAC is currently working on – https://rossroadpac.ca/fundraising/
This is the last week to purchase an Early Bird Ski/Ride pass to Grouse Mountain and earn money for our PAC. Forecasters are predicting a big snow year so don’t miss out. Simply provide the school code PAC-ROSS when purchasing at Guest Services, calling 604-980-9311 or visiting www.grousemountain.com. For on-line purchases, don’t forget to click “Apply” after entering the promo code otherwise the system will not document it as a PAC purchase. Don’t delay, this offer ends Sunday, November 13th.
Get your Card Project orders in – last orders are November 20th for deliveries by Dec 12th. Remember 25% of all proceeds go to the PAC on all orders of your child’s cards.
Remember to talk to your fellow parents about this webpage, the wonderful email updates that you receive and our Facebook and Twitter sites. We also have an RR calendar that you can subscribe to for dates on all the PAC meetings and events.
Have a wonderful long weekend and remember there is no school on Monday 14th November.
Ross Road PAC Executive