Ross Road News Extraordinaire
Volume No. 1, Issue No. 2
Today’s Top Stories
The 2014 Spring Carnival is around the corner, Friday, June 20, 2014 from 5-8 pm, and it’s sure to be a great Ross Road family event. With an old-time country fair theme and performance by the professional country band, Steel Toe Boots (http://www.thesteeltoeboots.com/), this year’s carnival is sure to get you dancing. Come hungry for our classic Cook Shack favourites brought to us by the Lynn Valley Lions: burgers, hotdogs, fries, onion rings, and much more. And what’s a carnival without popcorn, cotton candy, and new this year, SLUSHIES! Community is a big part of this year’s carnival and we want to encourage parents to participate in some friendly competition. Pair up with your children or go solo and enjoy our sack races, Tug of War and three-legged races. Why not give line dancing a try under the big-top following the lead of our fair’s “expert” dance caller/dancers?
- Each class is assigned a station. Class reps will be sending more information on how to sign up for a quick 30 minute shift. Stay tuned!
- Silent Auction items will be on display during the event. Stop by to see what amazing things you can bid on.
- The top stations are back: Crazy Hair, Calk Walk, Face Painting, Pony Rides, Bouncy Castle. And new this year, a Dunk Tank. They’re lots of fun and lots of chances to win an awesome raffle basket.
Recap from last week
- Tickets are only $1 each and will be available for purchase the week of the Spring Carnival starting Monday, June 16th as well as on the day of the event.
- Raffle Baskets are again this year’s big prizes as a reward from your hard work at the each station. When you try an activity and receive a popsicle stick—more sticks means more chances to win a Raffle Basket. When you’ve collected five sticks, redeem them for a raffle ticket. This means that the more fun you have at the fair, the better your chances are of winning a fantastic raffle basket.
- Mystery Bags station has two openings, 5:30 and 6:30. Come by with your tickets and purchase these popular bags, one per child. Get a fun stamp to help give others a chance to receive a bag and spread the love around.
- We need DONATIONS. Please help us make this another huge success. One way to do this is to donate items to our Mystery Bags, Raffle Baskets, Silent Auction, Calk Walk. Financial donations are also welcome!
- Dads the Cook Shack needs your help setting up, manning BBQs, serving food and tear down. We need 7 people to sign up.
Please contact the Spring Carnival Coordinator, Tamrah Corben at email@example.com to volunteer, donate and for any questions.