Ross Road events, initiatives and programs all require volunteers in order to run smoothly, so there are many ways to get involved in the school by volunteering your time. Volunteering is a great opportunity to meet other parents, to get to know school staff, and to enhance our school community! While all of the positions require communication with the PAC Executive, not all of them require you to attend regular meetings!
Many volunteer positions were filled at the PAC AGM that was held on May 22nd, but there are still a few positions available for next year, both big and small. While all of them require communication with the PAC Executive, not all of them require you to attend regular meetings. (We meet once a month on a weekday evening.)
For those wishing to get their feet wet:
- Meeting Coordinator — Check with the school administration that the library is booked for meetings, help advertise General Meetings and organize some simple refreshments for those meetings. Assist when a special speaker is booked.
For those wishing something a bit bigger, we are looking for people to do the following
- Community Outreach Coordinator — We no longer have sponsor children, but would like to continue to support meaningful charity projects that involve our students. Maybe something local? Maybe from school to school or class to class? This is something new for us and so there would be plenty of room to bring your own ideas to the table.
If you are looking for more of a challenge, how about one of these positions? All of them come with a complete instruction manual and experienced PAC members to help you!
- Christmas Craft Fair Coordinator — Our current Treasurer has co-organized this event for the past two years and has a simple, step-by-step manual to help you. This is one of our biggest fundraisers and community events, and usually takes place the first Friday in December.
- Spring Carnival Coordinator — Our current organizer has organized this twice now, and as for the Christmas Craft Fair, there is a step-by-step manual available. This is a favourite (and successful) fundraiser for Ross Road. It usually takes place the first Friday in June and is our second big, annual community event.
- Advertising Coordinator — If you are handy with graphics programs, this could be the job for you! You would be involved in creating posters to help advertise PAC meetings and events, keeping the PAC noticeboard up-to-date, taking photos of events, etc.
- School Directory Coordinator — Update the phone and address files from last year (school office to assist with new data), find advertisers, a printer, distribute directory to classes. The PAC provides this as a service to RR parents every two years.
Haven’t found your dream job on the PAC Executive yet, but would like to be involved? We’d love to have you join anyway – it’s always good to have new voices join the group even if they don’t have a special task assigned to them! If you would like to help out with any of the activities listed above as a volunteer, but not in a leading role, that can certainly also be arranged! Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to get involved or have any questions.