Dear Ross Road parents,
The PAC is excited to announce that Saleema Noon, sexual health educator, is coming to our school next week! In advance of her student presentations next Wednesday and Thursday, we are pleased to invite Ross Road parents to her parents’ session on Tuesday, October 16th, from 7:00 – 8:30 pm in the school library.
On Wednesday October 17th and Thursday October 18th, she will give presentations to the students in smaller groups (K-1, Grades 2-3, Grades 4-5, Grades 6-7).
The parent night will include the following topics:
- Reasons why we need to talk to children about sexual health at a young age
- 5 stages of sexual development children progress through on their way to becoming sexually mature adults
- What children should know at each stage, with specific examples of ways to explain body parts and processes
- How to provide information to children in a way they will understand and remember (and minimize embarrassment for the parent!)
- How to effectively answer the questions children ask
- How to reduce risk of child sexual abuse
- What will be covered in Body Science sessions for students
- Time for open discussion and questions will be included. Saleema Noon will bring a display of books and other resources.
Parents’ session description taken from her website:
Hope to see many of you there!
—Ross Road PAC