Below are several resources for further information. Additional resources will be added over time – please feel free to suggest additional sources by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org!
- The North Vancouver District PAC has published a ‘School Funding Advocacy Primer’ that you may find useful:
- BC Education Coalition (Advocacy group):
- BC Teachers’ Federation (BCTF) budget update: ‘Budget 2011 not enough to resolve funding crisis:
- Federal Government’s position on education and health:
- UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 26 focusing on public education:
- On the significance of the school librarian, here’s an article from The Globe and Mail:
- UNESCO’s School Library Manifesto:
- BC Ministry of Education site:
- The BCTF’s website home address:
- For more general information from North Van District PAC:
Please send comments to: email@example.com
Emailed comments to this address may be posted on the website, with permission. Requests for anonymity will be honoured and no contact information such as email addresses, phone numbers or mailing addresses will be posted.