In response to the open letter from the North Vancouver Teachers’ Association to parents that was sent home with every student in January 2011, a group of parents (Advocacy Ross Road) has decided to take action in support of the teachers’ concerns (please click here for a copy of the open letter).
The PAC Executive is most supportive of these efforts and has provided space on the PAC website for this project.
Click on any of the following links to find out more:
- Background info about Advocacy Ross Road and its petition
- Petition Information – Petition wording
- Sample letters/emails – you could use to send to MLAs and other key players
- Suggested phone dialogue – if you would rather phone than write
- Contact List – key people and organizations to contact (ex. MLAs, Trustees, Superintendents, etc.)
- Additional resources – if you are interested in learning more
- November 2011 Local Government Elections – archived information
- Click here to view NVTA/WVTA letters to parents regarding provincial underfunding (November 2011)
Advocacy Ross Road co-chairs,
Colette Anderson, Lene Burgmann and Janice Sardari.